All neat façades architectural panels are simple to install. Depending on your install location and the size/weight of the panel, your options vary. Take a look through our comprehensive guide to determine which install strategy will work best for your project!
Downloadable Version: Install Guide
- Use standard wood working equipment for cutting
- Carbide tipped blades are recommended
- Avoid using fine tooth metal cutting blades
- Bead board nails, construction adhesive or other paneling adhesive of choice are recommended
- Pre-drilling and or counter sinking are typically not required unless a larger fastener is used.
- Standard PVC cements or Cellular PVC cements provide a strong bond.
- Glue joints should be secured with fasteners on each side of joint.
- Recommend non -solvent base fillers such as All Purpose Painter’s Putty, High Performance Wood Filler, Plastic Wood, etc.
- Clean with a damp cloth using soap and water.
DRILLING AND ROUTING
- Use standard wood working drills and routers.
- Care should be taken to avoid frictional heat build-up.
- Periodic removal of shaving from the drill hole may be necessary.
- Carbide tipped router bits recommended.
- PVC products do not absorb moisture and can be installed at grade.
EXPANSION AND CONTRACTION
- PVC products expand and contract with change in temperature. Allow 1/8” spacer per 18’ feet at ends for expansion and contraction.
- Joints between pieces should be glued to eliminate joint separation.
- PVC products must not be used in load bearing applications but are allowed to be used in spanned applications such as soffit and ceiling with suitable thicknesses and support.
STORAGE AND HANDLING
- Store on a flat and level surface.
- Should be handled similar to pine as it has a density comparable to pine but more flexible.
- Keep product free of dirt and debris at job site. If product gets dirty use warm water with detergent or soap to clean after installation.
NOTE: Failure to comply with Fuller Architectural Panels Installation Guideline will result in voiding of Warranty.